As someone who hates bras and finds them uncomfortable even when working the correct size, I had to find a way to get rid of perfectly useable but unwanted bras. I found….
THE BRA APPEAL
In my ever growing desire to stop things ending up in landfills, I found a way to get rid of these bras (remember I am doing the Big Purge) and make a difference.
BreastTalk.co.uk has the Bra Appeal.
Old bras can be sent in and used to generate cash for breast cancer research.
The bras are collected and sent to BCR Global Textiles who sell them to traders in the third world which helps to support and supply their own local economy. Often women in disadvantaged communities, are unable to afford bras.
All the money raised goes directly to the charity, no admin or marketing fees and so far they have raised £9748.
DONATE YOUR BRAS
All styles and sizes can be sent, especially very large and very small. Maternity and nursing bras can also be sent.
However do not send anything too sexy or anything see-through.
SEND IN YOUR BRAS
- Go through your bras and decide which you don’t wear, don’t like, don’t want.
- Check all straps, clasps are in good condition and in working order. Check for any rips and tears. Anything easy to repair, just stitch it up and you should be fine.
- Wash the bras and let them dry
- Pack them up in small Jiffy bags or a box
- If any of the bras are new put them in a plastic bag to separate them from the others and state they are new
- Post them to the following address: (Or go further down for other countries details’)
UK / European Union Countries
BreastTalk.co.uk – Bra Appeal
PO Box 71
Visit this link (http://www.donateyourbra.com/index.html) to find the location you can donate your unwanted bras (and swimsuits) to.
AUSTRALIA / NEW ZEALAND / SINGAPORE / SOUTH AFRICA / BOTSWANA / INDIA / PHILIPPINES
Visit this link (http://www.upliftbras.org/drop_off_bras.html) to find drop off locations or addresses to send your unwanted bras too.
Breast Cancer Campaign is a charity registered in England (Charity No. 299758) and a company limited by guarantee (Company No. 05074725) www.breastcancercampaign.org